Experienced leader currently working in BBC Children’s. I have a strong background in software engineering, technical architecture and team/people leadership.
I specialise in leading teams in the architecture and development of high quality software products meeting user needs through a variety of extreme programming and agile techniques.
I strongly believe in building autonomous teams around agile principles, situational awareness, incremental and continuous delivery, clean & test driven code, automation, simplicity and pragmatism.
I have a wide range of public and private industry experience in travel, leisure, broadcast media, government, eCommerce, retail, co-operative and digital agencies.
I particularly specialise in:
- Architecting and building accessible and responsive digital experiences - focusing on and driving end user needs through analytics and data.
- Designing and developing scalable, large, cross-business enterprise and application architectures.
- Integration of legacy applications into modern digital applications.
- New business/product development from MVP into mature, maintainable and well structured software/enterprise architectures.
- Business transformation (re-branding, re-launching & process improvement).
- Designing cloud infrastructure architectures on-top of continuous integration and delivery best practices.
I have contributed to several open source projects, including; Google Chrome, Servo, Rust, Firefox, MediaWiki, Vagrant, Grunt, Troposphere, Iron and Bower.
Other skills and interests include; agile, emerging software development techniques, client side frameworks, server side frameworks, relational/non-relational database systems, continuous integration/delivery, testing, version control & devops.